She was the most beautiful girl in our class, the perfect mixture of innocence and intelligence, I always wanted to propose to her but held back as she would not approve of my love as we were the best of friends. Today, being the last day of our college, we had a farewell party.I saw her, she was in an angelic white dress, She was leaning against the wall talking to her friends, I smiled and she smiled back, I felt elated, she asked me to join her, I went.I asked her if I could speak to her in private to which she obliged. I confessed my feelings for her, she was confused, she asked me if i really loved her, I replied back with a yes,.She asked me if I loved her unconditionally, I replied with a yes, she was in tears, she replied back saying I was lying, and she questioned on how could it even occur to me on loving her, as we had been the best of friends I replied back saying I wasn't lying and can do anything to prove my love towards her . I asked her if she wanted me to jump from the top of this building to prove my love, she dint utter a word, I was onto the edge of the wall, turned back and told her I can my prove my love towards her, I was about to jump but I held back and looked back at her, she came to me running with her arms outstretched, I came down,my heart beating faster, with my head over my heels, I felt a chill down my spine, only to realize it was blood all over me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never asked god “why me” as I was one among a billion to represent my country at the Olympics, I trained hard to reach this level, I won the bronze medal in the earlier race, but this time I wanted to do my country proud,I wanted to win the country’s first ever gold. The race was on, With a baton in my hand, I had only one thing on my mind- to win the gold medal, all I had to give was everything, i was set, my heart beating faster, the country of 1 billion people chanting my name, I was raring to go, the moment the rifle shot, I started running only to fell to the ground, I had the sun in my face and dust in my mouth, I felt a sharp twinge of pain, I looked at my leg to realize the rifle was misfired and the bulled pierced my leg.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at her, she looked at me, I instantly had a liking towards her, though she was on the plumper side.She was very fair,like an angel. I convinced my family about her and they gave in to my wishes. I heard a scream, she shouted, I turned around, A Big man with a knife in his hand was slitting her throat, I threw up at the sight of the incident and lost my consciousness, I woke up to the aroma of freshly cooked rice, my brother fed me with the best chicken biryani I ever had.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at him,he looked at me.I think he recognized me, he gave me a warm smile, I smiled back, He was staring me at me hard, I dint like it, I offered my hand for a handshake, he offered his, I spoke to him, he spoke to me but I couldn’t hear him, i asked him about himself and he was smiling, I asked him about his whereabouts he was smiling, he was still staring at me and smiling, I was annoyed, I took a stone and threw at him, he broke into 5 pieces.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was around 8 0 clock in the morning, he was ahead of me, i tried to catch a glimpse of him but I couldn’t, he was growing smaller as time grew by. I gave up my chase on him as I couldn’t reach him, I tried everything to catch his attention but I couldn’t,
I was returning back at 6 30, he was behind me, I felt he was stalking me, he was behind me everywhere I went, maybe, he was angry with I did to him in the morning , I doubled my pace , even he increased his pace, I was scared and hid behind the tree, he disappeared, I started for home, feeling happy on able to get rid of him. I looked back, I gasped, he was just behind me, He was growing bigger and bigger, There he was - my shadow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always had a crush on her, everybody despised her, people she was manipulative and calculative, I never seemed to care, she was nice to me and she was full of life, it was love at first sight for me, she suddenly took ill, I went to visit her at the hospital with a bouquet full or flowers and eyes full of tears,she informed that she has a coronary heart disease,now I can no longer touch her,she took my breath away and stole my heart, both literally and actually.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had been running all night, away from my past, away from my shadows, I was running into oblivion with emptiness beckoning me with open arms, I tried not leaving my footprints but I couldn’t, I wished they were taken away from me like my identity, with all the running, I wanted to quench my thirst. Far across I could see a silhouette, the air was filled with perfume,the closer i came, everything seemed clear and better, the silhouette was becoming a reality and it was of a lady, with the most outstanding smile and beautiful big eyes, the shine in her eyes, the perfume of her just making me eager, she took me near the shade, she consoled me, cuddled me and befuddled me, sensing my thirst, she kissed me and offered me a drink, the first drop quenched my thirst and I was feeling earthly, I realized what elixir meant, I thanked the lady for the elixir, she smiled, I cried, only to realize I could weep no further, she closed my eyes only to never open them again, succumbed to the cyanide she offered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment